Sunday, December 26, 2010

Announcing Clay and his Many Firsts

Wow!  These weeks have flown by!  Taking care of a newborn, preparing for Christmas and spending time with friends and family has consumed all of our time!  But what fun it has been.  Corey and I have been super prepared for this in every sense of the way... but we were never prepared to feel so much love and joy instantly.  Christmas came early this year at the Spencer house in the form of little Clay... and we couldn't feel more blessed.


These two weeks have been marked by lots of firsts... first yawn, first car ride, first smile, first time on his tummy, first Bears game, first trip down by the pool, first meeting with Grandma Janeen and Grandpa Steve.  

And among all the firsts, Corey and I have had our share as well!  At first we were nervous but we are getting the hang of things now.  We found it was easier to tag-team the diaper changing although now we are pretty good on our own!  Gotta love the diapers with the stripe that changes colors when he pees!  It has been challenging finding anything that fits him... the newborn clothes are way to big but will be nice in the next month or so.  We have been rotating our few premie pieces and wrapping the sleeves of other clothes... but he looks hilarious!  

We love to sit and stare at all of his facial expressions as he is very expressive.  We've been taking lots of pictures, cuddling, sharing him with family and friends and telling him lots of stories. Everyone comments on how tiny he is and how easy-going he seems to be.  Most people tell us that he looks like Daddy and I have to agree.  He definitely seems like a little Corey-Mini-Me.


We had a great Christmas together but I think that deserves its own blog post!  I haven't looked at my pictures and videos from the day yet but I will tomorrow. 

Thanks for being a part of Clay's firsts!  


No comments:

Post a Comment