Hooray! Clay is one month old! I am pretty sure Clay has taught me more than I have taught him in the last month! Where has the time gone?
We have had so much fun getting to know each other these past four weeks. It is amazing how quickly I have learned his likes and dislikes... for example: He loves to be talked to and sweet little whispers can put him to sleep. He loves Italy-- that's right! I have two pictures of Italy on the wall behind the couch and he just stares and smiles. He loves massages on his legs and arms but not on his tummy. He loves his bath time but only if the water isn't too cold! He loves to be moving-- bounced, rocked, walked, carried in the Bjorn... anything but standing still. I think this is foreshadowing for being a busy boy on the go! He loves looking at his daddy... when Corey comes home from work, all Clay wants to do is look at his daddy!
He has dislikes too... not too crazy about kisses yet. Hopefully someday he will like his mama's kisses. He hates it when we put lotion all over him. We get a cry every time. He hates being buck naked... probably because he gets cold easily. Maybe he is just shy! He is not too crazy about all these pictures I am taking although we both know he is going to have to get used to that! And I am pretty sure he isn't crazy about church? Why, you ask? Because on Christmas Eve, my mom and I took him to church. After the sermon, I said, "Clay... what did you think of your first time on church?" And that is when we heard him loudly fill his diaper. Enough said.
And yes... I am already starting to have my favorites. It is my favorite that he does this with his hand. Tucks that little thumb under his fingers. I had not idea where he got that til one night, Corey said, "Look at your hands..." Of course they looked just like this picture. I never knew I did that but now I am noticing more and more. I guess he does take one thing after me!
It is my favorite to watch him sleep. Babies look so peaceful when they are off in their little dreamland. Especially when he is all snuggly... so sweet! I just think about him being a big boy and I am so grateful I have this time with him when he is so tiny.
It is my favorite to watch him with his daddy. Oh, I know they will be two peas in a pod! And don't you know, Corey already has a set of baby golf clubs for him!
It is my favorite to touch his skin. It is sooooo smooth and silky. No wonder they say... soft as babies' skin. I just love to nuzzle into his skin and smell his sweet baby scent. He smells brand new!
Happy One month old Clay! Can't wait for each and every month to come!



No comments:
Post a Comment