Monday, June 20, 2011

Clay Turns Six Months!

Let me tell ya... Clay didn't take turning six months lightly... he decided to jam pack as much learnin' as he could in one month's time.  I felt like I would just watch him wide-eyed saying, "Really?  Really did you just do that?"  It was so fun to be with the grandparents and watch him do things for the first time.  They got to witness him getting bigger right before their eyes!



So six months... when we left for our trip, I thought he was at least 2-3 months away from being able to sit up on his own and the pediatrician agreed.  And then... to my amazement, he started sitting up all by himself.  It took him about a week to become a pro, but the process was so neat to watch.  First he would just timber over to one side like a falling tree in the forest.  No warning, no attempt to brace his fall.  Then he got smarter.  He figured out a thing called balance.  He placed his arms straight as an arrow on both sides of him so his hands were flat on the ground.  This was great... he could sit up.  But soon he realized this was no fun because he couldn't play with anything.  So he would get brave and lift one arm at a time.  You could see his little legs wobbling trying to keep himself upright.  Soon after, Clay's like, "I got this."



Same thing with his bottle.  We would give it to him and he would reach for it and feed himself!  It was one of those things I tried and he was able to do it every time thereafter.  Yay!  With those two things, I just bought a little freedom.



Or so I thought.  Then I see Clay up on all fours.  Next, he starts rocking.  And then, he does the precursor to crawling: he hops his two back legs forward at the same time and lunges forward like an inch worm.  And he could get to where he wanted to go... it would just take him awhile.  But, Corey and I knew our days were numbered before he would be off to the races!  Slow down Clay... you are too little.


By his 6 month birthday, Clay is moving one arm at a time with the opposite knee.  He is officially crawling even though I am sure at some point this will feel like this is just slow motion crawling!


And I know every child learns the same way and has these same milestones... it is just so incredible to watch the process as it goes day-by-day.  It is very exciting to see their brains in action!  We had such an amazing month as did our little one.  What a fun age!  Can't wait to see what the next month brings!!

~Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment