My mom e-mailed me a lengthy e-mail about a month ago... she was trying to convince me that she should consider a quick trip out to San Diego to help out with the baby. I could tell she poured over every meticulous detail and spent time contemplating how to word all of reasons why this would be a good idea. Ummm... hello.... you had me at, "Should I...?" Yes... please come.
So mom came in on a Saturday night and was greeted by her much-larger grandson than last time. Nana Neen thought he was much bigger! We headed to our house where Kevin and Karen joined us for dinner and a couple of rounds of euchre. Such a fun night!
Over the next few days I got to watch my mom fall in love all over again with her little man. She would never say anything... quiet as a mouse... but I knew she was always chomping at the bit to have him in her arms. I tried to pass Clay to her as much as possible to max out on cuddle and snuggle time. Nana Neen got to feed him and give him a bath-- so cute. I think her favorite part of the whole weekend was when we left her alone with Clay for the afternoon and it was just the two of them. No distractions, no sharing. Just soft whispers, baby talk and hugs. Just Nana and Clay.
And when I asked my mom about the differences she noticed in Clay, she was quick to say he was so much more expressive! Lots of little facial expressions and reactions to our silly faces. But just in case she might miss something, she would stare at him for hours just gazing into his eyes. I imagine that she was wondering... wondering what his little personality will be like... wondering what he will look like as a toddler, a child, a young man... wondering what their favorites things together will be.
Just like that she was off again as quick as she came. Luckily, we will see her again back out for Spring Break in no time. We can't wait for more Nana and Clay time and this next time... Grandpa and Clay time.
Thanks mom so much for coming "to the rescue!" Just having you reassure me that I was doing a good job felt wonderful! See you soon! We love you!
~Leslie



No comments:
Post a Comment